The customer is at the absolute heart of what Norwegian Block Exchange (NBX) are doing in developing and launching our cryptocurrency exchange and payment service. Working alongside an experienced technical and product team at the NBX HQ in Oslo (Fornebu), Norway, our new UX Designer will be proactive and collaborative in advocating for and designing clear customer journeys and positive customer experiences, ensuring that we will realise our mission to make cryptocurrency and blockchain part of everyday life.
We are looking for a creative person who has a profound understanding of human behaviour and human interaction with technology and can translate this into great digital user experiences.
What you’ll do at NBX:
We’re a startup, so you will probably do a lot of things that won’t quite fit into this or any job description. It is by no means exhaustive but here is a sample of what we imagine your main responsibilities to be:
- Helping to shape how people interact with and understand digital assets and bring adoption and understanding of blockchain technology to mainstream society, whether for exchanging cryptocurrency or using it to make next generation payments.
- Drive the look, feel and usability of the NBX platform and product(s), and ensure NBX is at the absolute forefront of the industry.
- Help shape and realise the vision of how users will see and interact with NBX services.
- Building interaction models, workflows, screen designs and other NBX visuals.
- Visually interpreting technical problems through design.
- Proactively work with bringing forward UX/UI design proposals and initiatives, sketches, wireframes and mockups. Work closely with the product team to create initiatives, do rapid prototyping and testing.
- Utilise and propose data-driven approaches for UX/UI decision making (for example resulting from prototyping, user a/b testing, research, etc.).
- Implementing your broad-ranging understanding of UX, which can include everything from UI design to more complex things like user onboarding processes and workflows, education and more); understanding how to visualise and create the optimal customer journey.
- Contributing to both new and existing products, prototyping and optimising.
- Working closely with the product team to ensure a great user experience.
Essential and desired qualifications:
- Experience building and delivering usable UI/UX
- Strong UI/UX background and experience
- Experience researching and testing how users use the platform and services and its features and gathering information about feedback for future development
- Possibly experienced in graphic design/visual arts, but not necessary
You will report to NBX’s Head of Product and Business Development and work across departments to achieve your - and company - goals. You will have a big opportunity to shape the role and your direction as well as help to shape a company which is currently in its earliest and most exciting development stage. Hopefully the opportunity to be a big part of something different and undefined is the big draw, but of course there are other benefits. Apart from your salary, you can expect, for example:
- Belief in work-life balance and allowances for flexible work hours
- Pension scheme
- Travel insurance
- Private health insurance
- Personal insurance
- Staff tickets on Norwegian Air Shuttle network after three months of employment
Please forward your latest CV along with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your qualifications and why you’d like to join us.
Feel free to reach out to our Head of Product and Business Development, Øyvind Pedersen Jr. at email@example.com with any questions you might have about the role.