The customer is at the absolute center of everything Norwegian Block Exchange (NBX) is doing and why NBX exists in the first place. Working alongside our experienced technical and product teams at NBX building on the most cutting edge technology and tech stack our new UX/Product Designer will be proactive and collaborative in advocating for and designing clear customer journeys and positive user centric experiences, ensuring that we realise our mission to make crypto and blockchain easy to use and part of everyday life.
We are looking for a creative person who has a profound understanding of human behaviour and human interaction with technology and can translate this into great and innovative digital user experiences.
What you’ll do at NBX:
We’re a startup, so this is by no means an exhaustive list, but here is a sample of what your main responsibilities to be:
- On a daily basis, be on the absolute forefront on shaping how people interact with and understand digital assets and bring adoption and understanding of blockchain technology to mainstream society, whether for trading crypto or using it to make next generation payments.
- Take ownership and develop the look, feel and usability of the NBX platform and suite of services, and ensure NBX is leading the way of the industry.
- Help shape and realise the vision of how users will see and interact with NBX product and services.
- Help define user problems and visually interpret and propose solutions to technical problems through design.
- Proactively work with bringing forward UX/UI design proposals and initiatives, sketches, wireframes and mockups. Work closely with the product team to create initiatives, do rapid prototyping and testing.
- Utilise and propose data-driven approaches for UX/UI decision making (for example resulting from prototyping, user a/b testing, research, etc.).
- Implementing your broad-ranging understanding of UX, which can include everything from UI design to more complex things like user onboarding processes and workflows, education and more); understanding how to visualise and create the optimal customer journeys.
- Contributing to both new and existing products, prototyping and optimising ensuring continuous improvements to product portfolios.
Essential and desired qualifications:
- Excellent understanding of what is good aesthetics and what makes great usability.
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience defining, building and delivering usable UI/UX design to production.
- Experience visualising, simplifying and making complex data or financial information understandable for end users.
- Experience researching and testing how users use digital platform and services and its features. and gathering information about feedback for future development.
- Possibly experienced in graphic design/visual arts is a great plus.
- Proficient in developing in Figma and other leading tools of the trade.
- Great understanding of crypto and blockchain technology.
- Background from working with legacy banking and financial products and services is a huge plus.
Please forward your latest CV, examples of your portfolio along with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your qualifications and why you’d like to join us.