Who We Are
Norwegian Block Exchange is operating a cryptocurrency exchange and are building out services within decentralized finance. We’re looking for experienced software developers to join our engineering team and help us achieve our high ambitions to build the best cryptocurrency exchange and digital ecosystem for consumers and institutions on a global level, optimizing ways for businesses across industries to operate.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as a software developer with a distributed and passionate team delivering the platform and the infrastructure of both the cryptocurrency exchange and the digital ecosystem.
Why You Should Join
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and build Decentralized Finance products.
- Work with a crypto company that has real impact.
- Help shape architecture and technology choices for the future.
- Flexible work hours.
- Design, implement, deploy and support event-driven microservices with a focus on high availability, high performance, low latency and scalability.
- Develop software which is part of critical user journeys across our platform.
- Deliver on some of our most impactful projects by collaborating closely with SRE, Frontend, Product and Business teams to build, test, deploy and release new features to production.
- Operate highly available microservices, including taking part in an on-call rotation.
- 5+ years of experience developing production software using Python, Go, Java, C#, C++ or equivalent language.
- 2+ years of experience with one (or more) of the following: Kafka, Cassandra, Kubernetes, Docker, GCP, AWS, Blockchain, trading systems.
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs and/or Serverless Workers.
- Proficiency in version control systems such as Git.
- Solid understanding of software testing principles.
- Ability to analyze, debug and fix problems that occur with live production systems.
- Strong interest in cryptocurrency.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Comfortable working in a highly agile and iterative software development process.
- Strong knowledge of event-driven microservice architecture
- Experience building Decentralized Finance software products
- Experience with Configuration-Management and/or Secrets-Management
- Experience with websockets programming
- Experience with trading platforms
- Experience working in a tech startup environment
- Experience working with a remote team
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent
Please forward your latest CV along with a short cover letter to email@example.com explaining your qualifications and why you’d like to join us. Links to Github repositories or similar are welcome.